Clinical Nurse Manager
Primary Objective Of Position
Direct and organize Spa & Wellness clinical services through date to day management, long term planning and anticipation of guest/patient needs. Overseeing clinical staff employment shifts and ensuring staffing is at appropriate levels.
- Collaborating with medical director and other multidisciplinary services provided at Amrit
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintains nursing guidelines and operations
- Assures quality of care adhering to the state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements
- Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training nurses and auxiliary staff
- Completes patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning nursing and staff; following up on work results
- Provides information to patients and healthcare team by answering questions and requests
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from other healthcare professionals
- Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving requisitions and cost allocations.Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team.
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior.
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers.
- Be self motivated and use time wisely.
- Maintain open line of communications with each department.
- Communicate pertinent information.
- Respond positively to new ideas.
- Openly accept critical/developmental.
- Report to work on time.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, memorandums.
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations.
- Perform other assignments as directed by the General Manager.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited toothose contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns.
- Be knowledgeable about state regulations regarding health policies.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and computer accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, come of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the associate acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the
following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, NLRA.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in a limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on an timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally
- May be required to items weighing p to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill occasional cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting and visual ability to observe and distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly
and other office equipment as needed.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Several years in operating/managing a medical facility. Bilingual or multilingual preferred.
Licenses or Certificates:
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Amrit Ocean Resort and Residences Standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associated in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.